The mission of the Indiana Association of Chiefs of Police is to promote professionalism, training and networking for the law enforcement executive and to enhance public awareness of law enforcement and public safety issues.
The Indiana Association of Chiefs of Police is an individual member organization consisting of ten local districts within the State of Indiana. Each District has its own elected two-year representative on the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors develops policies and programs for the membership as a whole.
Goals of the IACP
- To enhance and improve the professionalism of all law enforcement executives.
- To provide network opportunities for the exchange of information.
- To provide data, administrative support and training to meet the needs of law enforcement executives.
- To provide education for public officials and develop public awareness on law enforcement issues.
- To provide for an organization dedicated to meeting the needs of law enforcement executives in the State of Indiana.